Application to the Master Program
Students of the Erlangen CE bachelor program
The application for the master program must be done online at “Online-Bewerbungsportal für Master-Studiengänge” of the university. Here you will find a detailed information on the application process.
Please fill in the online form at campo.fau.de you will get from the Online-portal, print and sign it and send it together with the CERTIFIED COPIES of the following documents (and their translations in English or German) to the Master´s office (ADDRESS ON THE FORM):
- your Curriculum Vitae ( CV)
- your letter of motivation (VERY IMPORTANT, please tell us WHY you chose CE Master at FAU as well as WHY you chose your specific TAF)
- your secondary school’s leaving certificate (and English translation) (High school certificate)
- university entrance exam (if available, e.g. Iran)
- your university certificates (and English translation). In case you do not have your Bachelor certificate at the time of applying to FAU we need a confirmation of your university that you will get the Bachelor´s certificate soon
- the international transcript (grades sheet) of the courses you have attended
- TOEFL score report (OR other proof of English, in case your Bachelor´s has been in English a confirmation of the university is sufficient)
- APS certificate (China)
- any certificates of English or German language courses you have taken part in
- recommendation letters of two of your academic teachers that have known you well, if possible each of it printed on business paper with the full address of the writer, with a hand-written signature.
- GRE is NOT mandatory, but if you have it you can hand it in as well.
Application deadlines for these consecutive students
- July 15 for the winter term
- January 15 for the summer term
German and International Students with a degree other than Computational Engineering
All applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an excellent Bachelors degree or a corresponding qualification in Computer Science, in a related scientific or technical field, or in Mathematics.
- Proficiency and experience in both using and programming computers. Besides familiarity with the basic concepts of computers and Computer Science, we expect that you have solid programming experience with procedural languages like C and C++:
- either more than 1000 hours of experience with programming in languages like C, C++, Fortran, Java, Python
- or more than two university courses in computer science out of the fields data structures and algorithms, programming, theoretical or technical computer science). Please list the corresponding courses in your application.
- A well rounded education in Engineering Mathematics: besides the engineering mathematics courses at least one university course from PDE, ODE, functional analysis, numerics, optimization, statistics. Please list the corresponding courses in your application.
- Interest in learning how to use high-performance computers to solve problems in engineering.
- International Studentes
- A solid command of the English language – TOEFL score of at least 560 or equivalent qualification, e.g. confirmation of the university that the Bachelor´s programme had been taught in English.
- students should be interested in a stay in Germany for at least two years.
- Students with a Bachelor´s degree in in Computer Science (and Engineering) or similar – without a special engineering subject – are requested to apply for the TAF Medical Engineering.
The application for the master program must be done online at “Online-Bewerbungsportal für Master-Studiengänge” of the university. Here you will find a detailed information on the application process. Please, in the application do not forget to give the Technical Application Field (TAF)
What happens with your application
- The Master Office will check your documents formally and only if everything is correct the documents will be sent to the CE admissions committee.
- The full application documents will be evaluated by two professors. The results of the evaluation will be submitted to the CE admissions committee.
- The admissions committee decides on the basis of all present application on your admission to the master program.
The master program can be started only in the winter term. The deadline for the application is:
- April 15 for students who require a visa (Non-EU Citizens)
- July 15 for students who do not require a visa (EU Citizens) (Last day for the official Online-application)
The following TAFs are offered only in German language:
- Automatic Control